time: 25 minutes
• 1 1/4 cups white whole wheat flour
• 1 cup old-fashioned oats
• 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
• 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 2 large eggs
• 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
• 1/2 cup honey
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 1 1/2 cups grated carrot
• 1 cup powdered sugar
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 1-2 tablespoons milk
• heat oven to 350°.
• line 12 baking cups with paper liners, or mist with cooking spray. set aside.
• combine flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt together in a large mixing bowl. whisk until combined. set aside.
• in a seperate bowl, combine the eggs, greek yogurt, honey, oil, vanilla and carrots. stir until combined.
• add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and stir until just combined. try not to overmix.
• portion the batter evenly between 12 baking cups.
• bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean.
• transfer pan to a cooling rack.
• whisk all of the icing ingredients together until combined.
• once the muffins reach room temperature, drizzle with icing.
i’m trying to be healthy so i used whole wheat flour in the recipe, but if you would prefer all purpose-flour just do the damn thang. you can also sub in avocado oil for olive oil but that just seemed wrong to me. and feel free to add a 1/2 cup of raisins into the mix when you combine all of the wet ingredients together (i just couldn’t get myself to do it).
trial (and error) verdict