i love cheese. every form of it. you just can’t go wrong…cheese makes everything better. sigh, cheese. *heart eyes*
i’m a chocolate girl at heart, so the first time i had a chocolate fudge brownie cheesecake it was life-altering. i remember it exactly. i was at a cheesecake factory cafe in barnes and noble. at the time, cheesecake and chocolate fudge brownie seemed like an odd pairing – cheese and chocolate!? but my lord, i’m glad i tried it and that some genius decided to put the two together. i can’t wait to make my own, courtesy of BuzzFeed‘s recipe. here’s to hoping it can rival cheesecake factory’s rendition.
chocolate fudge brownie cheesecake
time: 7 hours
• 1 box brownie mix, prepared according to package instructions
• 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
• 3/4 cup sugar
• 3 eggs, beaten
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 1 pound semi-sweet chocolate chips
• 2 cups heavy cream
• preheat oven to 350°
• prepare the brownie batter and pour into greased springform pan. bake until set, about 20-25 minutes.
• meanwhile, beat the cream cheese and sugar until incorporated. add beaten eggs and vanilla, and beat again until smooth.
• remove brownies and lower oven temperature to 325°.
• pour cheesecake batter over brownie bottom, and bake for 50 minutes until set and slightly jiggly.
• remove cheesecake and refrigerate for 4 hours, or overnight.
• heat or microwave whipping cream to just before boiling and pour over chocolate chips.
• stir continuously until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
• allow the ganache to sit for 10-15 minutes.
• transfer cheesecake to a baking pan with a wire rack.
• in a circular motion starting from the inside out, pour the ganache glaze over the cheesecake making sure to cover all sides.
• allow ganache to cool and set for 30 minutes.
trial (and error) verdict